I’ve mentioned before my annual maze project, and I’ve just completed this year’s.
It’s a challenging task, since I got into the habit of making some literary reference, usually related to a project published that year (first found out by Google Maps in 2015), and since I’m working without much of a plan in vegetation taller than my eye level, just working with spatial awareness and distance guess-timates to produce my pattern. But I have to say, I’m pretty proud of how 2018’s trail came out:
I sold a couple of Robin Archer stories to different anthologies, so I chose to honor Robin with my path. Complaints that the mazes were getting too difficult meant that I kept the line simple, a trail rather than a maze, but I have to say I’m pretty proud of that, given that I couldn’t see more than a few feet at a time.
I’m not sure how well this year’s attempt turned out. I tried something more complex, and I was making decisions as I was cutting, revising plans while dodging young trees and other obstacles, and I guess we’ll wait until the next flyover and then find out how it came out.