Japan has long fascinated with its unique culture and elaborate folklore. This anthology collects fantasy stories inspired by the culture and literary traditions of Japan. From steadfast samurai and contemplative monks, to transforming animals, horrifying spirits and everyday objects come to life, these tales transport you to the magical world of the Sunrise Lands.
- An itinerant monk and his animal companion follow an evil wind to a desolate village.
- An onmyouji astrologer investigates the murder of a man who held secrets of the Imperial family.
- The god’s gift of good luck is accompanied by an invisible cat.
- The daughter of a fallen samurai is drawn back into her violent past to defend a village from attacking ronin.
- A little girl is caught between a mischievous fox and a talking fish.
18 stories of magical Japan, by: Mike Adamson, Stewart C Baker, Laura VanArendonk Baugh, Jaap Boekestein, Evan Dicken, Alice Dryden, Harry Elliot, Steven Grassie, Alison Akiko McBain, Marta Murvosh, Kirstie Olley, Richard Parks, Frances Pauli, TS Rhodes, Douglas Smith, Lyn Thorne-Adler, Josh Wagner, Will Weisser.